Wednesday, July 2, 2014
- Watermelon has health benefits such as possibly preventing diseases such as heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. It also can lower your blood pressure, aids in asthma and prevents muscle soreness after exercise.
- 6 cups watermelon, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup coarsely chopped watercress
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced Vidalia onion
- 1 medium English cucumber, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- Mint sprigs (optional)
- 1. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Combine mint and next 3 ingredients (through oil) in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add juice mixture and salt to watermelon mixture; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with feta; garnish with mint sprigs, if desired.