Monday, April 14, 2014
Avoid Trans Fat by Purchasing Fresh, Whole Food
- Aim to buy different colored fruits and veggies each week. From white to purple in color.
- Have a salad once a day with 2 types of vegetables, a fruit, a sprinkle of cheese and a light dressing.
- Read the ingredients on the label of packaged food to make sure it does not contain partially hydrogenated oils (trans fat).
Sneaky Ways to get in Fruits and Veggies
- Green fruit smoothies
- Apples, pears, or berries on a salad
- Add veggies to egg scramble
- Add veggies to pasta or meat sauce
- Fruit salsa for snack
- Use thick cucumber slices sprinkled with salt and pepper instead of chips with guacamole